Clean Power Alliance is your locally owned and operated electricity provider in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. We believe in a renewable energy future that is local, where communities are empowered and customers are given a choice about the energy they use.
We understand energy rates can be challenging to navigate, so we’re here to simplify it and help you better understand how to compare your energy options.
Clean Power Alliance purchases renewable electricity sources like hydroelectric, solar, geothermal, and wind power that supplies energy for your home, which we provide at competitive rates.
Southern California Edison (SCE) continues to deliver your electricity to your home, read your electric meter, send your monthly bill, and provide the same maintenance and other services they always have.
Contact Clean Power Alliance at 888-585-3788 to evaluate your rate options, get a customized rate analysis, change your renewable energy tier for any of your accounts, opt out to SCE, or return to Clean Power Alliance.
Contact SCE to change your delivery rate schedules and report service issues, including repairs, power outages, and stopping or starting service.
Use our Bill Comparison Calculator to calculate your specific rate and better understand what your bill looks like with Clean Power Alliance and SCE rate options. Let’s get started:
1. Locate your most recent SCE bill
2. Find the ‘Generation (Supply) Charges’ section on the second to last page of your bill
3. You’ll see ‘Your rate’ type, which will be one of the following: DOMESTIC; DOMESTIC MED BSLN; D-CARE; D-CARE MED BSLN; D-CARE-SDP; D-FERA; D-SDP; TOU-D-4; TOU-D-5; TOU-D-A; TOU-D-B; TOU-EV-1
4. Click on the Bill Comparison Calculator button below and enter your rate, service location (city), and energy usage in kWh. If you do not see your rate plan listed (including NEM rates), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
5. Your total amount of energy used in the billing period, measured in kilowatt hours (kWh) can be located under ‘Your past and current electricity usage’ section
6. Select the orange question icons for guidance on where to find additional information on your bill or call us at 888-585-3788 for help
Our rates are set by our Board of Directors based on the projected cost of energy, typically on an annual basis, so you’ll have a steady, predictable outlook on your rates. Depending on which rate option you choose (Lean, Clean, or 100% Green), you’ll see a cost savings or premium on your electricity bill.
We offer three options for your electricity designed to fit the diverse needs of our residential customers. Our residential rates vary depending on the type of option you choose:
Now, let’s better understand your specific rates. First locate your individual rate type (see Step 3 above), and then click on the 2020 Full Rate Schedules button below to see your generation charges. The “Domestic Rates” residential rate type is shown here as a reference:
EXAMPLE: DOMESTIC RATES
All energy charges are in $/kWh for generation charges only. SCE delivery charges and CCA cost responsibility surcharge(s) are not included.
100% Green Power
Historic Residential Rates
Residential Rates as of July 2022 — October 2022 Update
Residential Rates as of July 2022
Residential Rates as of July 2021
Residential Rates as of May 2020
Residential Rates as of September 2019
Residential Rates as of June 2019
Residential Rates as of April 2019
Residential Rates as of March 2019
Residential Rates as of January 2019
Power Share Rates as of April 2023
Power Share Rates as of March 2023
Power Share Rates as of January 2023
Power Share Rates as of October 2022
Power Share Rates as of July 2022
Power Share Rates as of June 2022
Power Share Rates as of April 2022
Power Share Rates as of March 2022
Power Share Rates as of January 2022
Power Share Rates as of October 2021
Power Share Rates as of July 2021
Power Share Rates as of June 2021
Power Share Rates as of February 2021